Monday, July 12, 2010

Red Roofs in Queenstown Creek



I took my boat, Ca Ira, out for the Fourth of July weekend. I had a good sail Saturday morning till the wind died at Love Point on the north side of Kent Island. From there I motored to Queenstown Creek and anchored. I painted four watercolor sketches on Sunday of the creek; this is the first one. It's a painting of a house in Queenstown. Queenstown Creek is a great place to anchor for a holiday weekend, there were only about 10 other boats in the creek. The creek is fairly big, so it didn't feel crowded. There was no wind on Monday when I left the anchorage, so I motored to the Bay Bridges, where the wind came up and I was able to sail back to Annapolis. It was hot, but it was a really good weekend otherwise. I hope to paint a finished oil painting from this sketch soon!

No comments: