Monday, August 20, 2012

Nicola



Figure drawing.  Pastel.  18" by 24"  July 26,2012
I'm thinking of making my blog more like a journal.  So today, what of note happened?  After work I was running errands when I saw a young African-American kid get arrested outside of Eastport Liquors!  The gossip in the store was that he got picked up because there was a warrant out for his arrest.  I don't know what he supposedly did, I hope it was nothing too bad because he looked really young, about 16, I think.
I'm reading a book that my mom gave me a while back called "Six Weeks in Saratoga: How Three-Year-Old Filly Rachel Alexandra Beat the Boys and Became Horse of the Year."  It's more about Charlie Hayward, the New York Racing Association president, and the history of Saratoga racecourse than it is about the filly, and it was hard to get into the book at first.  I'm about halfway through now and it's growing on me and is starting to rekindle my old interest in horse racing.
The rest of the day was pretty normal, here's a pastel that I drew in July.  I'm happy with the way it turned out, especially the colors.  It's time for dinner and Roger says "Meow!"

No comments: