Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cleat

It's been a rough couple of weeks, I've been varnishing Ca Ira's exterior brightwork. I also emptied, removed, and sent the fuel tank off to get repaired. When it came home, I cleaned the inside of it. I also delt with the short in the starboard running light which caused me to lose all my nav lights and electronics one evening while motoring through the harbor! At any rate, I finally found an hour to draw. This is one of Ca Ira's bow cleats. It's a good thing that I went up to the foredeck looking for something to sketch; this line had somehow untied itself and needed recleating!

3 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

very good! Excellent drawing!

Suzanne McDermott said...

In fact, why don't you and a few friends throw a big draw along the waterfront on your boats somewhere? Drawing America needs you!!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Suzanne! I got your email about the draw. It sounds like a good idea, but I'll be sailing on Oct. 9th. When's the next one planned?