Saturday, September 3, 2011

Labor Day Cruise 2011

My week's vacation started last night when I picked up my good friend, Daniel, at BWI. We walked up Main Street in Annapolis for an excellent Sushi dinner. The voyage started this morning when my alarm clock woke me up to "Welcome To The Jungle" at 5AM. We drove out to Crownsville in the predawn light. There, I had docked Ca Ira, my 1961 Pearson Triton, to ride out Hurricane Irene. We loaded food, rum, clothes, and other supplies at the community dock and departed with Morgaine, my 10' Acorn Dinghy, in tow. We took on 10 gallons of diesel and four blocks of ice in Annapolis, motored out to the bay, and headed south. We tacked down the bay in a good wind, enough to need a reef in the afternoon. Then we motored into Knapp's Narrows, went through the drawbridge, and ran up Harris Creek, where we anchored at 6:30 in the lovely Waterhole Cove.

No comments: